Friday, December 25, 2009

Keep knocking the doors...

"Hi..so you just arrived?"
"Yes.."
"Hi..I am Hemant and you?"
"Hi.. I am Eduardo Vazquez. Nice to meet you Hemant."
"Nice to meet you to Eduardo"

This is the first communication we had. In Cambodia Eduardo was staying in the same dorm with me and some other travelers. When you travel, you get a chance meet many new people who have something to share, something to tell and something to give. Eduardo is from Brazil and he is been traveling from past few weeks, being to many countries for business, for vacation. He seems very normal guy, but when I came to know a little bit about him, I realize that he is one great man. He works for TV company in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Our actual conversation started when he told me that he recently took interview of Ratan Tata, chairman of TATA group. Then I came to know that he work as a technical video engineer.

Later some time, he shared his story, about how he landed up in this work, how he got the job. From childhood, he is interested in Cinema. He wanted to know how it works. When he was 15, it was unbearable. He just showed up at doors of one TV company. "Knock, knock. Hi, I am Eduardo and I want a job in your TV company. I want to know about cinema and how it works". Response from TV company. Get lost. Next day, again little Eduardo was at the same doorstep, knocking the same door, and same words. "I dont want money. I want work. I want to learn. Give me chance to work and learn." Again, the result was same. He was kicked out of TV office. Again next day, same Eduardo, same enthusiasm, same words, knocking the same doors irrespective of response he got. It went on for few days. With frustration TV office people called little Eduardo's mother. His mother said, don't give him a work, just send him home, he is crazy guy for cinema.

TV people tried hard to push him, convince him for not to knock the door and ask for work. What he did, he kept knocking the door. For many days. Until, finally, looking at his dedication and enthusiasm, TV people gave him a chance to work for them. He learned stuff about lighting, how to set up lighting condition according to scene and some more stuff.

He is in business because he kept knocking the door till the door was finally open for him. The same door opened the opportunity for him to work with late Michael Jackson (yes he worked with Michael Jackson to shoot his video), Leonardo Dicaprio and many many hollywood celebs. He was involved in making of one of my favorite movie City of God.He was involved in all the biggest event happened in last decade working with all the biggies in the world.



How did he achieve it? Because he kept knocking the door till it was open for him...

1 comment:

  1. Cheers for Eduardo Vazquez!!!! Wish i was like him :)

    ReplyDelete