Saturday, January 2, 2010

|| मोक्ष ||

Moksha (Sanskrit: मोक्ष mokṣa)is a Sanskrit word meaning to release or to set free or Moksha is the truly ultimate end, for the other three are ever haunted by the fear of Death the Ender. It's the ultimate freedom one can have.

It is very rare that I have a serious conversation with Sarita, especially about my favorite topic which is 'Life'. But once I had a such a kind of conversation with her. At that time I was traveling in Thailand. She asked me the toughest question ever asked by anyone. "Hemant, what is permanent in your Life?", she asked. As usual, quest began to search for the answers. Few things in wallet, some memories, friends & families, that's what I could come up with. But usually I am never with anyone for long time. I started my journey from some corner of the world and I don't know where it is gonna end.

Anyway, few days before I got something so called 'permanent'. Some letters carved in Sanskrit, the black ink embedded underneath my skin reads ||मोक्ष||. In Hindu culture Moksha is something most of the people look for. Its ultimate freedom. It is said in Hindu religion that you are not free even if you are dead. You are not free. Your spirit will remain in this world. But once your spirit is free from everything, you get the ultimate freedom, and its मोक्ष.

I carved मोक्ष in between four vertical lines || ||. Its a punctuation mark in Sanskrit. Single line means phrase is incomplete and double line (||) means phrase is complete. The reason why I carved मोक्ष in between four vertical lines is simple.
There is nothing befiore it and there will not be anything after this.

A so called ||मोक्ष||

1 comment:

  1. Very well............. I got my answer with a mind blowing meaning....... Proud of you......

    ReplyDelete