Monday, January 11, 2010

Travelling to India? Think Again...

Disclaimer: The following article represents views of the author. There can be very different views from different people. Reader’s discretion is advised.

“India is NOT a touristy country, but it’s an experience. The experience may be good or bad, depending upon what you look for”, this is a very routine sentence I say if someone ask me about travelling in India. Day by day I am becoming more and more interested in travelling. I am travelling whenever I am getting free time. New places, new countries, new people, entire new way of living. During my visit, I always try to look, understand the way people live their life, things which are most important to local people. I always try to understand their world. Since I am travelling on regular basis, I am meeting people from various part of globe quite frequently and therefore I thought of sharing something to traveller’s community. I decided to write posts about India. Why? Probably this is the only country I know better so I have many things to write about this crowded place on planet. For the people who don’t know me, I am an Indian, spend my 25 years living in various parts of India. Currently I am living in some different part of the world. May be because I am away from India at this moment, I guess I can write unbiased views.

In upcoming weeks/months you will find various posts about various things happening in daily life of an Indian. It is said that rather than reading, watching is more quick and effective way. And that's why before I start talking anything about India, have a look at following three videos.

Incredible India! Director’s cut:

Unarguably this is the best advertise I saw about India tourism, because it captured the essence of India. Of course focused only on the good aspects.



Indians in 90 seconds:

One of the classic description about Indians. I really cannot talk about India without talking about Indians.



A day in the life of India:

A real life picture of what happens in daily life of India. It’s not the only thing but definitely somewhere, sometime it is happening for sure.



India, country with more than 1 billion people, about 27 states who speaks different languages with different scripts, entirely different culture, home for probably all the religions found in the world. It's a world in itself. So if you are travelling to India, remember you are travelling to entirely different world. With 1 billion population, you will find all kind of people from society. People who dont get food to eat and people who are driving the most expensive cars of the world. People who are highly educated and with high moral values to people who are ready to do anything for their survival. Every person is a different, but tied with each other with some invisible bond. Indians creeping about their country all the time but some foreigner visit then, they proudly say 'My India'.

to be continued..

2 comments:

  1. wonderful....no other words needed:)
    cheers...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.. I will try to write inside of various things..;)

    ReplyDelete