Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Freedom. What is it?

I have been asked to watch movie "Queen", quite a few times by people close by. I have been told to watch "Queen" because they say it’s one of the most brilliant movie from India in recent times. So I had to give a try and watch the movie. It's a brilliant movie, my first thought after watching it. I loved it more because it features one city which I adores the most, 'Paris' and another city which I call it as home outside home, 'Amsterdam'.

On surface it showcase quite an interesting subject, and everyone will have their own perspective towards it. So I was discussing the movie with one of my friend, and I asked, "so what do you think the message of the movie was?” "Freedom" she said.

In my view the movie is less about freedom but more about perspectives. Freedom is perspective, I believe. Movie is about a girl who raised like any typical India girl, about to get married and getting dumped by her to be husband stating their status do not match with each other. This guy knew girl from years, they fell in love, and then this guy goes abroad and then he feels that she is not the right match for her. Well, that’s his part of story. The girl now, goes on her own adventure, and decides to take off to Europe on her previously planned honeymoon, alone, to her part done. And it’s a story about what she discovering a new world all together and coming out strong in the end.

Rather than at the end, I was looking into process. Process of her evolving from her cocoon. The people she meets, what she looks into them, what she learns from them and what she realised. Freedom is one of such realisation. Some people even may not aware about what freedom is all about and moreover if it is needed to them. I still feel, freedom is relative. For some people freedom means different thing than other. I tried searching for Freedom on Wikipedia, but there is none article directly about Freedom but rather various other articles on what Freedom may refer to like free will, liberty, rights, civil liberties etc.


As quoted in Wiki, “Do we have some control on our actions, and if so, what sort of control, what extent?”. And this brings us to whole what, if, but scenario. Like there is no absolute truth, there is no absolute freedom but it is all relative. This may give us little peace within ourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment